Provides day-to-day management and oversight for a high volume of pre-award administration. Candidates seeking remote working opportunities in accordance with authorization and the University’s Alternate Work Arrangements policy are welcome to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides technical assistance, guidance, and advice to faculty, administrators, and other professional staff for sponsored project administration.
· Reviews financial and administrative aspects of proposals or transactions to ensure compliance with federal and state statutes, University policy, and sponsor guidelines and requirements.
· Serves as a liaison between investigators, academic units, and other administrative offices.
· Following University policies, sponsor requirements, and state and federal requirements, identifies and assists with resolving grant and contract issues pertaining to budget, cost sharing, fiscal, administrative, and procedural constraints, and other similar matters.
· Maintains records in accordance with University, state, federal, and sponsor requirements. Provides records as requested, and collaborates with SPS leadership in response to audits.
· May participate in policy and procedure discussions and recommend policy or procedural changes as appropriate to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· May participate in the development and delivery of sponsored program training.
· Performs related work as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Knowledge of Uniform Guidance and/or the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
2. Experience with electronic research administration systems (such as grants.gov, research.gov NSPIREs, and eRA Commons).
3. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
4. Experience working in a high volume, high production, and/or sponsored-research intensive environment.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, and outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-beyond-pay/. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA). With the expectation to travel on-site as needed, remote work modalities may be considered in accordance with University Alternate Work Arrangements policy and authorization.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
TO APPLY Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497716 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on December 1, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
All members of the University of Connecticut are expected to exhibit appreciation of, and contribute to, an inclusive, respectful, and diverse environment for the University community.
The University of Connecticut aspires to create a community built on collaboration and belonging and has actively sought to create an inclusive culture within the workforce. The success of the University is dependent on the willingness of our diverse employee and student populations to share their rich perspectives and backgrounds in a respectful manner. This makes it essential for each member of our community to feel secure and welcomed and to thoroughly understand and believe that their ideas are respected by all. We strongly respect each individual employee’s unique experiences and perspectives and encourage all members of the community to do the same. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The University of Connecticut is an AA/EEO Employer.
c/o Marilyn Gordon
P.O. Box 102, Sharon, MA 02067
Phone: +1 (774)222-1391
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org