The City of Fitchburg, MA is seeking a qualified professional to serve as the next Deputy Auditor within the City Auditor’s Office.
Under the direction of the City Auditor/Finance Director, assists in planning, directing, and coordinating all financial and accounting functions for the City. This includes maintaining all City accounting records, including the chart of accounts, and preparing financial statements and reports required by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR). In the absence of the City Auditor, the Deputy City Auditor shall manage and oversee all aspects of the Auditor’s Office to ensure a steady, uninterrupted workflow in the office, and shall have full signing authority of the City Auditor, including the ability to sign legal documents and City payroll during such periods.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred. Three to five years’ professional accounting experience, preferably in municipal finance;
· Possess a working knowledge of fund accounting and the Massachusetts Uniform Municipal Accounting System (UMAS), including an understanding of relevant GAAP and GASB accounting standards;
· Certification by the Massachusetts Municipal Auditors and Accountants Association (MMAAA) as a Certified Governmental Accountant, or ability to obtain; Familiarity with Tyler (MUNIS) software environment preferred;
· Proficiency in Excel required;
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to manage and prioritize workload while meeting weekly deadlines;
· Keen attention to detail and the ability to analyze and use professional judgement in the exercise of duties;
· Demonstrate the required skills and the ability to perform all work assigned by successfully completing a six (6) month probationary period;
· Must successfully complete pre-employment physical, drug screening and background check;
· Proficiency in Spanish is highly desired.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the city website:
c/o Marilyn Gordon
P.O. Box 102, Sharon, MA 02067
Phone: +1 (774)222-1391
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org