TAUNTON MUNICIPAL LIGHTING PLANT has a vacancy for the position of Supervisor of Accounting. This position reports to the Financial Manager. The primary objective of this position is to supervise the general accounting activities of the company. In addition, work with other departments and business units regarding accounting activities.
DUTIES OF POSITION
1. Supervise accounting activities and ensure that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
2. Analyze and review financial statements and account variances.
3. Record and report financial transactions and reconcile accounts to ensure compliance with company control requirements.
4. Review and prepare the monthly financial reporting package, including but not limited to; income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet.
5. Educate and train accounting staff in proper accounting techniques.
6. File financial reports to external government agencies.
7. Responsible to ensure timely billing to 3rd parties for reimbursement of damages to TMLP property.
8. Assist in the coordination of the audit with City Treasurer/City Auditor.
9. Assist in the coordination of audit activities to ensure that independent auditors have needed records and information.
10. Review audit reports with auditor and take corrective action, as required.
11. Assist in departmental budget process and review.
12. Responsible for the financial aspects of TMLP projects and their relationship to fixed asset management.
13. Responsible for the setup of accounts for O&M and Capital with the department and project managers.
14. Responsible for assisting the departments in the creation of system reports for department and corporate needs.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Applicants must have five years of progressively more responsible experience in accounting or a related field. Applicants must be adept in using accounting software as well as Microsoft Word, Access and Excel. Applicants must be able to work independently and must have excellent telephone, communications and people skills. Applicants must be capable of performing the required duties within established scheduled time limits. Attendance records must show dependability.
Familiarity with the regulations surrounding a municipal utility and a working knowledge of utility Accounting is preferred.
Please forward cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled