Job Title: Controller/Lead Accountant (Anticipated Vacancy)
Supervisor/Evaluator: The Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations
Job Goal: To support the financial operations of the District by performing all tasks associated with accounting and grants management.
Representative Performance Responsibilities:
Student Activity Accounts
- Maintains up-to-date financial reports, prepares reports, and reconciles bank statements.
- Generates end-of-month cash receipt and reconciliation reports for the Assistant Superintendent of Financial & Operations and Accounts Receivable and Payroll Assistant.
- Posts entries and warrants in the General Ledger
- Assists in preparation of monthly trial balances and budget reports.
- Advises the Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Operations regarding budget balance, free cash, and any other financial matters.
- Generates bi-weekly accounts payable reports.
- Maintains trial balance to coincide with bank records.
- Maintains cash balance update and report information.
- Remits update to Treasurer.
- Maintains account balances and generates monthly reconciliation statements.
- Processes request for payments from advisors.
- Ensures continuity of District Operations through cross-training with Business Office staff.
- Reconciles banking records to General Ledger system monthly.
- Complies and maintains audit files on budget information. Acts as point person for annual audits.
- Assists in the preparation and filing of year-end statistical reports for Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and other major reports.
- Provides technical resources and information services to administration and staff, as required.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Maintains records and processes invoices for scholarships received by students.
- Maintains monthly cash reconciliation with Cafeteria manager, processes monthly claims, profits, and loss.
- Maintains fixed assets listing and ensures fixed assets are capitalized according to state/federal guidelines.
- Facilitates, processes, and records intercompany transactions between the various district departments.
- Performs accounting tasks for the Southeastern Technical Institute, including but not limited to, reconciling student payments and financial aid, recording Accounts Receivable and deferred revenues and refunds, processing 1098-T, assisting with EZ audit, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Superintendent and/or the Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Operations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in accounting; Master's preferred.
- Certification as a Public Accountant preferred.
- Previous experience in a municipal or public school setting preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting programs, software, and applications as well as Excel Microsoft Office, and related products is essential.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Salary: $ 56,818 to $ 83,997 Per Year