The Town of Dedham is looking for a Town Accountant in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, town policies, bylaws, the Massachusetts Department of Revenue and federal law reporting to the Director of Finance. In this position, the individual will manage three direct reports in support of the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for annual reporting requirements, granting agency requirements as well as any requirements prescribed by the Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB).
• Responsibilities include administrative and management duties including all aspects of the Town’s finance systems with emphasis on the timely and accurate reporting of all revenues collected and funds expended in accordance with the annual budget, capital budget, grants, gifts, revolving, trusts and other funds.
• Oversees the processing of all financial transactions and reconciliation of the same with other finance offices and departments.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
• 5 years of municipal finance experience required.
• Managerial or supervisory experience in an accounting or business office setting required.
• Massachusetts Certified Governmental Accountant training is required with certification within 3 years from appointment.
• Thorough knowledge of municipal finance operations and functions.
• Thorough knowledge of Massachusetts municipal finance laws and relevant computer systems;
• Proficient in municipal software systems; MUNIS experience preferred.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Miriam Johnson, HR Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
525 Washington Street, Wellesley, MA 02482
Phone: +1 (781) 489-7511